Here is a quick checklist of how Butterbean sunscreen works:
This year we have 3 different sunscreen options. So, how do you choose which one will best suit your lifestyle? Here is a little more info about each of our sunscreens so you can feel good about which will work for you!
Please remember for each of our sunscreen products that these are natural mineral based sunscreens. It is important that they are used in conjunction with smart sun safety. Remember these healthy sun protection measures:
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: Limiting time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wear swim shirts, sunglasses and hats if you plan to spend a day in the sun, and reapply sunscreen often.
With my own kiddos, when we are in intense sun like for example, at the beach for hours, I tend to put the sunscreen on a bit thicker so that it sits on the skin longer. Have a safe and healthy summer!
• Highest in nourishing Organic and Fair Trade Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
• Consistency of a thicker cream
• 80 minutes of water-resistance
• Love for faces and shoulders
• Re-formulated in 2014 for a smoother and easier to rub in application
• Easy to apply to large areas of the body like backs, bellies, legs...
• Rich in antioxidants from Carrot Seed and Meadowfoam Seed oil
• Organic Coconut and Sunflower oil have a silky smooth application
• Less water-resistant than the other 3. Reapply more often when swimming/sweating
• Loaded with local beeswax, Organic Sunflower Seed, Coconut, and Apricot Kernel oils
• Highest SPF +30
• Most water/sweat resistant (80 minutes)
• Great for park days, soccer games, and beach days!
• Easy to stick in a back-pocket and rub over noses
• Available in paper or plastic:)
Original Butterbean Ingredients:
Good Sun Sport Stick Ingredients: Beeswax (Cera Alba), Certified Organic Sunflower Seed (Helianthis Annuus) Oil, Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Certified Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Certified Organic and Fair Trade Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Vitamin E (Tocopherol).
Active Sunscreen Ingredient:
Non-nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 23%
Directions for use: Apply to face, lips, nose, and ears. Rub in well and reapply as needed. Discontinue use if irritation developes. Do not store sport stick in temperatures over 95°F.
Butterbean Simple Sunscreen Ingredients: Certified Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) oil, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes Alba) Seed Oil, Pure Apricot (Prununs Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Certified Organic Sunflower (Hlianthis Annuus) Seed Oil, Certified Organic and Fair Trade Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Local Beeswax (Cera Alba), Carrot (Daucus Carota Sativa) Seed Oil, Vitamin E (Tocopherol).
Active Sunscreen Ingredient:
Non-nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 22%
Directions for use: Detach safety seal found underneath trigger lever. *Shake well* Squirt sunscreen on skin and rub in!
*at least every 2 hours
*after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating
*after towel drying
At Butterbean we love to hear from our customers! We want your voice to be heard, so please, leave a comment. Your feedback helps us to make a better product, and it helps others to know if Butterbean is a good fit for their experience. Below are a few of the comments we have received. Thank you!
I used Butterbean the last summer and I got a relay positive impression. It protects my skin from sunburn, I like the smell a lot, it's quite easy to apply the sunscreen to the skin for a non-toxic one, I love the packaging and the ingredients of the sunscreen.
Summary, I can say I've tried many diffrent natural and organic sunscreens in the past and Butterbean is definitely the best one. I can recommend Butterbean sunscreen highly!
Best wishes from Switzerland
~I first used Butterbean on my 14 month old on a family vacation to Oak Island. I would apply it to her whole body and rub it in well. She would be in and out of the ocean for an hour to an hour and a half, toweling off in between, and she never so much as turned "pink". We have very fair skin in our family, so I know this sunscreen does the job! Now I use it on the whole family. Whenever my six year old walks past the container, she says, "Ooohhhh that sunscreen smells sooooooo goooooood!!!!"
~I have been meaning to e-mail you and let you know the sunscreen arrived last week. We have used it a couple of times since we got it - the biggest test being out in the sun while in the sprinkler :p Oh my, your sunscreen officially ROCKS!! It kept both of my girls safe and sunburn free. I can't get over how easy it is to apply, too and how it has such a nice smell. *swoon*
~Just wanted to let you know I was so pleased with your bug spray that I just placed my second order of the summer. This time I also ordered the sunscreen and the lip balm. The bug spray really has done a wonderful job of keeping the bugs off of me whether I am gardening or exercising. The odor is strong but pleasant. It washes off completely from my clothing in the washing machine, and that's nice too since my experience has been that some bug sprays tend to stick around for a couple of washings. Thank you for making available such a great product.
~I used Butterbean on our summer vacation in Destin, Florida. We used it everyday for a week on the beach. It really worked, and it was water-proof! I think because we were on the beach, and the fact that the kids were in and out of the water and sand, that I reapplied about every hour. My kids like the sunscreen because, unlike many of the natural and organic sunscreens we had used in the past, this one does not "smell weird!" I like it because not only is it protecting them from the sun, it also is good for their skin.
~Just wanted to drop you a line about the sunscreen - it is the best sunscreen I've ever used! Not only did it protect my fair skin and my bf's fair skin, but it smelled light and clean and kept our skin moisturized in the hot DR sun. We used it on an all-afternoon snorkeling adventure where there was literally no escape from the Caribbean sun - reapplication about once every 2 hours kept us 100% sunburn free.
A friend asked to borrow sunscreen and, upon opening the can, said, "Oh wow, this stuff looks cool - and smells good too!" One minor inconvenience (which is not a big deal at all) is that the pretty yellow color of the sunscreen likes to hop on any material it touches! However, it comes right off in water (like I said, seriously NBD) so in the future, I'll just be taking extra care when applying it if I want to wear my favorite white cover-up dress :)
Thanks for making such a great quality product!
~Hello Summer, here are my first impressions of your sunscreen:
1. I love the packaging. It is so much easier to apply from the large top container. I get so aggravated with tubes. Once the "natural" sunscreens come out of solution... it is so hard to get them uniform again... plus trying to get it out of the tube... you get the streaks of white. Again, I am loving the wide jar.
2. I love the smell. The girls right way pointed out how wonderfully coconut it smelled. It reminds me of home (Florida) while being on the trail in Indiana.
3. It went on SO smooth. It made my skin feel luxurious. Yes, it took a minute to work it in, but it did not leave a white film on the skin. There were no streaks or white pilling of the lotion. It left my skin shiny and supple.
4. I did not have any allergic reaction to the lotion! None of the children broke out.
5. I felt protected out in the sunshine. I did not feel I had to wear a long sleeve shirt.
Summer, I love this product.
~I just wanted to let you know that your sunscreen is great! I don't like scented things, so I was worried at first by the scent, but you can't really smell it once it's applied. It definitely is water resistant -even beyond 40 minutes in the water. I swim a lot in the summer and usually my skin gets very dry, but your sunscreen actually makes my skin feel soft and does not make my skin itch like the past sunscreens I've used. I'm so happy to be using something that's non-toxic too!